At Longe Optical (a Sweetwater company), we are distinguishing ourselves in the optical industry by focusing on one theme: doing what’s right for the guest — every time. We are seeking talented individuals to further our mission of helping others to see clearly at work, home, and play.
Our unique company culture will support your growth as well as challenge you. We have a rich 70-year history in Fort Wayne as a local business and are now leading the way in innovation and technology. We offer competitive pay and benefits as well as the opportunity to work with an inspiring team of people in a clean, comfortable, professional, state-of-the art optical lab featuring the latest in user-friendly digital technology.
We are currently seeking an Optical Lab Manager to add to our growing team!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team in the production of high-quality eyewear in our in-house lab
- Oversee daily activities to ensure that production both meets high-quality standards and adheres to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Drive for results and identify and implement process improvement opportunities and efficiencies
- Lead by example and train, coach, and develop the team for high performance and growth
- Work effectively cross-functionally to ensure that all lab output and activities support the highest levels of service for our customers
- Ensure that all safety/regulatory requirements are met or exceeded in the lab
What does it take to play on our team?
- 2+ years optical lab experience required
- 2+ years management or supervisory experience required
- In-depth knowledge of optical lab machinery and eyewear production processes
- A guest-focused attitude — you genuinely enjoy making guests happy and take ownership of guest satisfaction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A collaborative nature and the ability to foster open communication and a positive team environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; excellent attention to detail
- A fearless approach to challenges and a willingness to work hard to achieve goals
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and priorities in an environment that is continuously changing and evolving to best meet our guests’ needs