At Longe Optical (a Sweetwater Company), we are distinguishing ourselves in the optical industry by focusing on one theme: Do what’s right for the guest – every time. We are seeking talented individuals to further our mission of helping others to see clearly at work, home, and play.
Our unique company culture will support your growth as well as challenge you. We have a rich 70-year history in Fort Wayne as a local business and are now leading the way in innovation and technology. We offer competitive pay and benefits as well as the opportunity to work with an inspiring team of people in a clean, comfortable, professional, state-of-the art optical lab featuring the latest in user-friendly digital technology.
We are currently seeking a Lab Technician to add to our growing team! What you’ll do:
- Work in our in-house lab with a team to produce eyewear utilizing tools and equipment to manufacture, apply required coatings, and complete detailing and finishing of lenses
- Operate, clean, and perform routine maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment and troubleshoot equipment issues
- Complete tasks accurately and maintain high quality standards while still meeting time deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Utilize your careful attention detail to ensure adherence to all standards and requirements regarding measurements, calculations, equipment settings, and quality
- Proactively strive to ensure customer satisfaction at all times, anticipating issues and taking appropriate steps to avoid errors or delays and suggesting improvements
- Assist in keeping the lab and stock room clean and organized
- Comply with all safety/regulatory requirements and report potential safety issues to your manager
What does it take to play on our team?
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Optical experience/training preferred but not required
- Aptitude for working with machinery and equipment, related experience is a plus
- Guest focus – you genuinely enjoy making guests happy and take ownership for guest satisfaction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and works well with others in a team environment
- Good basic math skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Fearlessly approaches challenges and works hard to achieve goals
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and priorities in an environment that is continuously changing and evolving to best meet our guests’ needs