Optical Store Manager
At Longe Optical we’re distinguishing ourselves in the optical industry by focusing on one theme: Do what’s right for the guest – every time. We are seeking a talented leader to help further our vision of providing an unparalleled guest experience.
As a local Fort Wayne business for over 70 years (a Surack Enterprises Company) we are now leading the way in service, innovation, and technology. We offer the opportunity to work with an inspiring team of people in a professional and positive environment!
Longe is currently seeking an Optical Store Manager who can help build on our success!
What you’ll do:
- Working closely with our office physicians and fellow team members, you’ll lead a team of associates in providing unique, personalized experiences for our guests – putting guests first from start to finish
- You’ll be responsible for leading by example as you work alongside and coach your team on all aspects of the guest experience — greeting, assisting with prescreening before exams, and utilizing up to date product and fashion trend knowledge to guide eyewear selection
- Monitor and drive sales performance for your store by identifying and acting upon opportunities, and coaching and motivating your team to achieve sales and guest service goals
- Foster a positive work environment of teamwork, open communication, and accountability, with a focus on continuous improvement, learning, and growth
- Responsible for regular business reporting, analysis of results, and overcoming obstacles to meet objectives
- Lead and participate in periodic community and company special events that drive business and visibility for the company
- Oversee store merchandising standards
Qualifications we are seeking:
- 2+ years proven success in a sales role — required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management, or related field, or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years previous management or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Guest focused — you genuinely enjoy making guests happy and take ownership of guest satisfaction
- Collaborative and able to lead and motivate others in a team environment
- Positive energy and strong interpersonal skills
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fearlessly approaches challenges and works hard to achieve goals
- Flexibility to manage multiple and varied tasks and priorities in an environment that is continuously changing and evolving to best meet our guests’ needs
- Previous optical experience is preferred but not required; we offer an extensive training program