At Longe Optical (a Sweetwater company), we’re distinguishing ourselves in the optical industry by focusing on one theme: doing what’s right for the guest — every time. We are seeking talented individuals to further our mission of helping others to see clearly at work, home, and play.
Our unique company culture will support your growth as well as challenge you. We have a rich 70-year history in Fort Wayne as a local business and are now leading the way in innovation and technology. We offer competitive pay and benefits as well as the opportunity to work with an inspiring team of people in a professional and positive environment.
Longe is currently seeking an Optical Store Manager who can build on our phenomenal success!
What you’ll do:
- Working closely with our office physicians and fellow team members, you’ll lead a team of associates in providing unique, personalized experiences for our guests — putting guests first from start to finish.
- You’ll be responsible for leading by example as you work alongside and coach your team on all aspects of the guest experience — greeting, assisting with prescreening prior to exams, and utilizing up-to-date product and fashion trend knowledge to guide eyewear selection.
- You’ll monitor and drive sales performance for your store by identifying and acting upon opportunities and by coaching and motivating your team to achieve sales and guest service goals.
- You’ll foster a positive work environment of teamwork, open communication, and accountability, with a focus on continuous improvement, learning, and growth.
- You’ll be responsible for regular business reporting, analysis of results, and overcoming obstacles to meet objectives.
- You’ll lead and participate in periodic community and company special events that drive business and visibility for the company.
- You’ll oversee store merchandising standards.
What does it take to play on our team?
- 2+ years proven success in a sales role required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- 2+ years previous management or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- A guest-focused attitude — you genuinely enjoy making guests happy and take ownership of guest satisfaction
- A collaborative nature and ability to lead and motivate others in a team environment
- Positive energy and strong interpersonal skills
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to approach challenges fearlessly and work hard to achieve goals
- Flexibility to manage multiple and varied tasks and priorities in an environment that is continuously changing and evolving to best meet our guests’ needs
- Previous optical experience is preferred but not required; we offer an extensive training program